Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Unable to properly apply column-width to BODY Box.

Old Feb 5, 2011, 09:53 PM
jasonb

14 posts · Feb 2011
Unable to properly apply column-width to BODY Box.

I'm unable to make use of -moz-column-width as I'd like. (With Firefox.)

When I edit a post and put <div style="-moz-column-width> at the beginning, every column is exactly the same height, give or take a single line for required formatting. But when I do it by applying the same CSS to BODY Box, the right-most column is never the same height as the others, sometimes even being completely blank while there are 5+ lines of text in the other columns.

Looking at the source for a rendered page, I'm unable to tell what could be causing this discrepancy...
Old Feb 6, 2011, 04:47 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What version of atahualpa and wp?
What is the URL pointing at the issue?

If you use 'body....' in the CSS inserts, you are applying it to the entire body

What is the exact CSS you are using?
Old Feb 6, 2011, 12:46 PM
jasonb

14 posts · Feb 2011
WordPress 3.0.4 / Atahualpa 3.6.4.

The CSS is "-moz-column-width: 30em; -moz-column-gap: 15px"

If I put that into the Atahualpa BODY Box, the results are quite different than if I manually add it as a <div style="-moz-column-width: 30em; -moz-column-gap: 15px">...</a> block surrounding (and within) the text of an actual post.

I tried looking into hacking the Atahualpa php code to insert a custom div that would surround the post text, and then doing a CSS insert for that, but even though I changed several instances of <div class="post-bodycopy clearfix"> ... </div> to <div class="post-bodycopy clearfix"><div class="custom-bodycopy"> ... </div></div>" that didn't result in the source changing when I looked at it afterward. I must have missed something, and didn't get to the point where I could test putting my CSS insert into the "custom-bodycopy" class.

(I suspect, though, that this must be part of the problem. The column code can't be applied to the parent div as it is, for some reason, it needs to apply to a child div.)

Last edited by jasonb; Feb 6, 2011 at 01:10 PM.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 06:13 AM
jasonb

14 posts · Feb 2011
Anyone?
Old Feb 9, 2011, 12:13 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Quote:
the Atahualpa BODY Box
??? where did you apply it?

What is the URL so I can see what you have done?
Old Feb 9, 2011, 02:43 PM
jasonb

14 posts · Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
??? where did you apply it?
Appearance > Atahualpa Theme Options > Posts & Pages > Style Posts & Pages > BODY Box.

I really hadn't thought that there was anywhere else to apply it in the theme GUI. Just put -moz-column-width: 30em; -moz-column-gap: 15px in there and observe what it does. You'll see the the right-most column is not vertically even with the other columns. (This is all assuming that you're using Firefox of course.)

Now, remove that code, and instead edit the post itself.

Use: <div style="-moz-column-width: 30em; -moz-column-gap: 15px"> at the very top of the post text, and </div> at the end. The results here will have the right-most column being vertically even with everything (at least within one line of text).

I haven't "done" anything more than that, and it should be very easy to reproduce. (And note - it's impossible to provide a URL to any site that has an example of the different methods of styling both active at the same time. It's either one or the other. Therefore, much easier to just reproduce yourself.)

Last edited by jasonb; Feb 9, 2011 at 02:46 PM.