Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » ThemeFrame Presales »

When is ThemeFrame going to be released? (it's here!)

Old Jan 1, 2010, 05:17 PM
rove

85 posts · Jun 2009
Phoenix, Oregon
Will I be able to post to different pages without plugins?

Can I put different navigation tabs on different pages?

Or is the css the main innovation?

Rob
Old Jan 1, 2010, 06:06 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
I didn't understand the first part about the different pages.

Currently there are two horizontal nav bars, one for pages one for categories. You can style them, even differently for each page type but nothing beyond that so far.

However I plan to extend the navigation section a lot.

The CSS creator was a first step, I will improve this constantly & full time for the forseeable future
Old Jan 1, 2010, 06:10 PM
bbtunnel

7 posts · Dec 2009
Ozone Park, NY
It seems that ATA theme is going to be in the back burner for long time before seen any upgrade, and themeframe is going to be the priority, I am right?
Old Jan 1, 2010, 07:07 PM
rove

85 posts · Jun 2009
Phoenix, Oregon
Quote:
Will I be able to post to different pages without plugins?
I've always wanted to be able to write posts to any selected page [or a category page], rather than the index page. The plugins to do this don't seem to work very well.

Thanks,
Rob
Old Jan 2, 2010, 01:04 AM
MrStark

27 posts · Dec 2009
Great Flynn!

This seems very good! Just this moment, i cannot buy this, but maybe when the next pay check arrive Did use a lot of money this holiday.

I'll keep watching this thread

MrStark
Old Jan 2, 2010, 01:26 PM
nbi123

2 posts · Dec 2009
When can I get access to the donor forum? I made a Paypal donation on Dec. 30th. but have not heard anything from you.

Flynn, I sent you a private message. Many thanks.
Old Jan 2, 2010, 08:50 PM
exgenis

3 posts · Dec 2009
I, too, can't find the Themeframe beta download link. Donated $40 on the 31st and sent PM to Flynn.

Can't wait to get my hands on it
Old Jan 3, 2010, 05:21 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
exgenis, nbi123 - you should be set now
Old Jan 3, 2010, 06:49 AM
kizza42

1 posts · Jan 2010
Any chance of me sneaking in? Would love to test out Themeframe, will even throw my wife at it for fresh view!

Just donated some Aussie dough!
Old Jan 3, 2010, 03:17 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
kizza42, you've been added to the ThemeFrame group
Old Jan 4, 2010, 04:42 PM
muckraker

13 posts · Jan 2010
Hi Flynn,

I just joined the forum, have donated $40, and look forward to being able to play around with your great new program. I hope this is a major success!
Old Jan 4, 2010, 04:57 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbtunnel
It seems that ATA theme is going to be in the back burner for long time before seen any upgrade, and themeframe is going to be the priority, I am right?
Atahualpa will see an update very soon, however ThemeFrame is going to get much more development time, that's right.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 07:17 AM
fastharryDOTcom

73 posts · Oct 2009
NJ, USA
Hi....I am using AT with much delight and have a question about the 40 buy-in for TF. one, where do we send it?....two, how do I get credit for it?...and 3, does paying 40 bucks now mean I get the final version for the same price, and what about upgrades after that?...

Thanks,

Harry
Old Jan 7, 2010, 07:23 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Quote:
one, where do we send it?
use the donate button at the top of the screen. the donation can be to Flynn the developer or to mysely (Juggledad) or any combination totaling $40

Quote:
two, how do I get credit for it?
once you have made the doantion(s) send me a note and I'll set you up

Quote:
3, does paying 40 bucks now mean I get the final version for the same price, and what about upgrades after that?...
All donors with a total donation of $40+ will get full & free access to the Beta and the following Final Release. Once the Beta is out, this opportunity will be gone but you will be able to buy a Paid Subscription (not enabled yet) to the BFA Forum, where you can download and discuss ThemeFrame.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 08:18 AM
fastharryDOTcom

73 posts · Oct 2009
NJ, USA
Hi Juggledad..

Will I be entitled to the subsequent updates and versions of TF final version? also, do I have to donate any more money to get tech questions answered (like a gold member) or does this entitled me to gold member..

also, If I have no skill in coding, will TF be easy to use?...I did get fastharry.com to look halfway decent on ATA, and I am willing to experiment for hours, but if it is real complicated to use with having to code, taht would be an issue.

One more question....Am I gonna have to rebuild and rewrite fastharry.com from the ground up again?...esp. adding all the pics and articles....or will all the articles and pics transpose over to the new TF site....

Thanks

Last edited by fastharryDOTcom; Jan 7, 2010 at 08:54 AM.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 11:46 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
There will be a one-off payment to purchase ThemeFrame, which includes life time access to the moderated ThemeFrame forums, a documentation WIKI and video screencasts.

As someone who got in the "$40+ donation" way you get everything that regular purchasers get later for $1xx : Updates and access to forum, WIKI, tutorials.

There will be options to purchase additional support beyond the basic support (forum, WIKI).
Old Jan 7, 2010, 01:12 PM
gust0208

5 posts · Jan 2010
Alrighty, my $40 donation is in and I got a confirmation through the PM that I made it to the gold level. My simple next question is how to get access to the Theme Frame beta so I can start playing around with it? I was sold after the video screen captures showing the functionality and am pretty excited to start playing.

It looks good, like Ron Burgundy good.

Cheers,
Tom
Old Jan 7, 2010, 01:27 PM
rove

85 posts · Jun 2009
Phoenix, Oregon
Go to the Themeframe Members forum, it's in the first sticky.

Rob
Old Jan 7, 2010, 01:46 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
gust0208 - you should be able to see the ThemeFrame Members forum now.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 03:05 PM
fastharryDOTcom

73 posts · Oct 2009
NJ, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn
There will be a one-off payment to purchase ThemeFrame, which includes life time access to the moderated ThemeFrame forums, a documentation WIKI and video screencasts.

As someone who got in the "$40+ donation" way you get everything that regular purchasers get later for $1xx : Updates and access to forum, WIKI, tutorials.

There will be options to purchase additional support beyond the basic support (forum, WIKI).

Thanks, Flynn....

If you or J dad could answer the last 2 questions for me briefly, I will get the 40 dollars to Jdad...

1) If I have no skill in coding, will TF be easy to use?...I did get fastharry.com to look halfway decent on ATA, and I am willing to experiment for hours, but if it is real complicated to use with having to code, taht would be an issue.

2)...Am I gonna have to rebuild and rewrite fastharry.com from the ground up again?...esp. adding all the pics and articles....or will all the articles and pics transpose over to the new TF site....
Old Jan 7, 2010, 03:11 PM
MyJourneytoMillions

46 posts · Sep 2009
$20 to each of you guys! Where do I go now?!!?!? I am so excited
Old Jan 7, 2010, 05:50 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Quote:
1) If I have no skill in coding, will TF be easy to use?...I did get fastharry.com to look halfway decent on ATA, and I am willing to experiment for hours, but if it is real complicated to use with having to code, taht would be an issue.

2)...Am I gonna have to rebuild and rewrite fastharry.com from the ground up again?...esp. adding all the pics and articles....or will all the articles and pics transpose over to the new TF site....
Let me start with question 2 first. Both Atahualpa and what you create with ThemeFrame are THEMES. Themes control the look of your site, not the data that is in your site. The data (posts, pages, categories) are all stored in the WordPress database, so no you won't have to recreate the site. It's the same as if you switch to the default theme, it looks very different, but the data is still there.

Question 1: will it be easy to use...this is tough because first off it is evolving. That's why it is in Beta right now, bugs are being found and corrected. Compared to coding a theme by hand, yeah I'd say it would be easier, much asier for someone that knows CSS and programming because ThemeFrame will do a lot of the heavy lifting for you, but for someone that doesn't know any coding...probably not because you have to understand what all thise options are and which to use.

So it may depend on how many sites you will use it for. I wouldn't recommend it for my sister who is using Atahualpa for a school web site because she's just become comfortable with Atahaulpa and just doesn't have the time or budget to learn something new and redesign her site.

But my neice who does web develpoment for a major university...she wants to see and play with it.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 06:03 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyJourneytoMillions
$20 to each of you guys! Where do I go now?!!?!? I am so excited
I added you to the ThemeFrame user group. You should be able to see & access the ThemeFrame member forum on the homepage now
Old Jan 7, 2010, 07:33 PM
fastharryDOTcom

73 posts · Oct 2009
NJ, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
Let me start with question 2 first. Both Atahualpa and what you create with ThemeFrame are THEMES. Themes control the look of your site, not the data that is in your site. The data (posts, pages, categories) are all stored in the WordPress database, so no you won't have to recreate the site. It's the same as if you switch to the default theme, it looks very different, but the data is still there.

Question 1: will it be easy to use...this is tough because first off it is evolving. That's why it is in Beta right now, bugs are being found and corrected. Compared to coding a theme by hand, yeah I'd say it would be easier, much asier for someone that knows CSS and programming because ThemeFrame will do a lot of the heavy lifting for you, but for someone that doesn't know any coding...probably not because you have to understand what all thise options are and which to use.

So it may depend on how many sites you will use it for. I wouldn't recommend it for my sister who is using Atahualpa for a school web site because she's just become comfortable with Atahaulpa and just doesn't have the time or budget to learn something new and redesign her site.

But my neice who does web develpoment for a major university...she wants to see and play with it.

Ok..thanks....I watched the video and I read your first impressions. I want to give it a shot. My whole purpose of getting into websites was to learn design and host people. And this looks really interesting. So tell me where to send my 40 so it gets logged...

Thanks JD...
Old Jan 8, 2010, 03:22 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Top of the screen, hit the Donate link then donateto Flynn (the developer) or myself (the donate to Juggledad) any combination of at least $40, then let me know