Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Non square background images

Old Nov 4, 2010, 05:28 PM
tlck9

151 posts · Aug 2010
Hey guys

Interested to know if I can place a non squared bacgroung using this theme, similar to the layout on this site

mollusksurfshop com

Last edited by juggledad; Nov 4, 2010 at 07:58 PM.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 10:38 PM
flieg

21 posts · Aug 2010
California
I'm not quite sure what you mean here, but all the background images that I have used in my website are not square (mostly being 3:2 ratio). If you mean non-rectilinear, then I suspect not, since as far as I know all gif, jpeg, tiff, etc. files are rectangles.

You can fake it, of course, using The Gimp or Photoshop and making a border with an irregular inner contour around your picture. If you make it the same color as the overall background color that you set the theme, or make it transparent, people won't be able to see it.

Flieg (just a simple user -- do not ask me for CSS or PHP advice. )
Old Nov 5, 2010, 09:39 AM
tlck9

151 posts · Aug 2010
Apologies for not being cleaer:

On this partiular website, my friend who I'm designing for, wanted something other than square/oblong/straight boxed areas for text, this link, shows the background image which wavy edges rather than a normal everyday straight edged box.

Is this possible to do something similar?

mollusksurfshop com /images/bg_shopbody.jpg
Old Nov 5, 2010, 11:37 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You can add any image you want, but the image will be in a rectangle box. You could use a png and make the outside transparent.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 01:19 PM
flieg

21 posts · Aug 2010
California
tlck9 -- I went to that site because you referenced it on your first post, and downloaded the background. It is a rectangular .png file with a transparent fill inside the wiggly border colored in and a thin transparent area outside, just as juggledad said.

-- Flieg