Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

3.4.9 bug, % in byline

Old May 23, 2010, 01:05 PM
Wimbledon

320 posts · Apr 2009
[VA & AZ], USA
Flynn and juggledad,

I think I've found a small bug in the standard 3.4.9 round tabs style.

If you click a category name in the category menu bar, the resulting category page shows an incorrect '%' in the byline that is not shown on the front page.

Front Page

Category Page

Old May 23, 2010, 02:20 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
I can confirm this, at least for the round style. I haven't tested it with other 3.4.9 styles. I did try it with the default TwentyTen theme, and it's just happening with Atahualpa 3.4.9.

http://gyazo.com/80aea79f8ba57ecd851b51c2de336760.png
Old May 23, 2010, 03:29 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
there is an extra '%' at the end of ATO->Edit POST/PAGE INFO ITEMS->BYLINE: Multi Post Pages.
It is currently
HTML Code:
By %author%, on %date('F jS, Y')%%
just remove the extra '%'.

tyhis holds true in the ata-default and ata-round styles. If you want you can edit ata-default.txt and ata-round.txt and search for '%%' and change it to a single '%'.
Old May 23, 2010, 03:58 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Thanks, JD. I did delete the extra % from the byline field in edit post/pages.

I also tried editing the ata-round.txt file and re-imported it. I noticed something upsetting at that point. After importing the file, I saw the successful import message. I then clicked on the big green Save button. Now the page was blasted, just a line of text. I redid the whole thing, and didn't hit Save this time. That's the trick, apparently. Hitting Save deletes everything.

Of course, all my other theme options settings were gone after reimporting ata-round.txt.

There should either be explicit directions saying DO NOT CLICK ON SAVE after the styles import, or doing so should not trash the site.
Old May 23, 2010, 05:11 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You were doing an import. An Import - by it's nature - will overlay all the settings in a site.

Maybe is should say 'THIS WILL OVERLAY ANY EXISTING SETTINGS YOU ALREADY HAVE'

but even with that, I'll bet someone would do the import anyway.
Old May 23, 2010, 05:12 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Yes, the instructions should be more helpful. The user might think they're just getting a nice rounded look, not trashing everything.
Old May 23, 2010, 09:21 PM
Wimbledon

320 posts · Apr 2009
[VA & AZ], USA
Thanks to paulae for confirmation and thanks to juggledad for the solution.