Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Place two identical widgets in the same sidebar

Old Jan 8, 2011, 03:57 AM
box.carlo

22 posts · Jan 2011
Hi,
can I put in the same sidebar widget two equal? Let me explain: I use a plugin called WP Category Post Widget List, which lists the posts filtered by category to which they belong. It Is useful to me because if I want to see in the sidebar only news category posts, I can do it very easily.
My requirement is to insert an instance of the plugin to view, for example, news, and below, in the same area of the sidebar plugin, another instance of the same plugin to list other posts by another category, such as products. ..
is there a way to do this?

Thanks

Carlo
Old Jan 8, 2011, 05:48 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
it depends on the plugin/widget. Some widgets will allow you to use multiple copies of the widget, others only allow one copy.

You can just try it and see what happens (best way to learn). If it doesn't work and you really need two copies, then you should contact the author of the widget/plugin
Old Jan 9, 2011, 02:07 PM
Flinxa

70 posts · Sep 2010
Try the Plugin "BNS Featured Category"

you can use it as often as you want - also in the same sidebar and it works quite good

Hope that helps
Flinxa