Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Sociable sprites not used in Atahualpa

Old Sep 17, 2011, 04:30 AM
sidejack

6 posts · Sep 2011
Hi. Firstly, absolutely love this theme. Thanks.

Would just like to find out something about Sociable and the post info items footer. Without Sociable in the post footer, i.e. just using its own settings, I get in the 90s at Page Speed at Google Labs. When I use Sociable in the post footer via Atahualpa, I drop into the 30s because Google doesn't like the fact that so many separate requests are being made for each Sociable image. Sociable default uses CSS sprites from one image, but when added into the post footer via Atahualpa, a bunch of separate images are used and Google seems to really not like it. How can I have Sociable called from the Atahualpa post footer, which I really, really like, but get it/Atahualpa to use the single CSS sprites image?

Thanks a lot.

Last edited by sidejack; Sep 17, 2011 at 04:33 AM.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 06:56 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
This probably has nothing to do with the theme. You could test it by switching to the twenty-eleven theme and checking.

when you display your blog, a loop is run to look at the number of posts you want to display. each time the loop is run it will do the header, the content and then the footer of the post. The plugin attaches itself to the footer so it will be called each time a post is processed. If you only display 1 post on the blog page, the plugin will only be called once. if you display 10 posts, it will be called 10 times (a 1000% increase)

You could look at the plugin and see if you can increase it's efficiency...

Last edited by juggledad; Sep 17, 2011 at 07:02 AM.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 09:35 AM
Big Geek Daddy

42 posts · Nov 2009
United States
You could also try the AddThis Plugin.