Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

[SOLVED] How to fix bug with new WP 3.0 menu under atahualpa

Old Jul 23, 2010, 12:02 PM
malivier

2 posts · Jul 2010
Berlin, Germany
Hello,

I'm using qTranslate with the Atahualpa theme.
Now that I've upgrade to WP 3.0 the page bar menu that I have in the header is only displayed in the default language.
I understand that there is a problem of communication between the plugin, and the menu (Menu 1 in Atahualpa 3.5.3), but I don't know which code to parse where to have my menu back to multilingual.

I'm still a beginner in web development so I will be really happy if someone could help me to solve this bug.

Thank you in advance

Configuration (on local server):
WP 3.0
Atahualpa 3.5.3
qTranslate 2.5.8

The website online is still running under WP 2.9.2 and Atahualpa 3.4.9, waiting to find a solution to fix the bug
http://www.experimencity.net
Old Jul 23, 2010, 02:25 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Are you using the Atahualpa menu system or the WordPress 3 menu system? If you are using the Ata menu switch to the WP 3 menu.
Old Jul 23, 2010, 03:29 PM
malivier

2 posts · Jul 2010
Berlin, Germany
Hello lmilesw,

and thank you for your question!! It solved the problem.

As you suggest, I tested the page bare menu of Atahualpa and then the menu of WP 3.0.
But I had the same problem with the two configurations.
And I even observed that the translations are not working with the collapsing page menu (plugin).

Then I (finally) thought of checking my pages and saw that through the upgrading process the translations of the titles of the pages were reduced to the default language.

So finally it was just a matter of rewriting the titles.

After looking for hours …