Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Unwanted border & menu items are larger than background.

Old Mar 24, 2011, 07:25 PM
tsheridan

94 posts · Mar 2011
The URL is www.nowcpr.com. I added a background image to my menu bar and the menu items (same image), for both page and category menus. On both menus, the background is smaller than the "buttons", and on the page menu, there is a white border that I can't get rid of.
The CSS I added for both menus is
div#menu1 ul.rMenu {
background-image:url(/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/nav_bg.jpg);
border: none 0px;
}
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li a:link {background-color:transparent !important; font-weight: bold;}
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li a:hover {background-color:transparent !important; font-weight: bold;}
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li a:visited {background-color:transparent !important; font-weight: bold;}
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li a:active {background-color:transparent !important; font-weight: bold;}

and then the same only using menu2 for the category menu.

I can't seem to get rid of the white that seems to border the page menu background and I can't get them the same size. I can't seem to figure out setting the height of the menu backgrounds, so they're even, or if that will even work.
What can I do?
Old Mar 24, 2011, 07:39 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
are you using a %bar1 and %bar2? and what are tehy styled as? (Configure Header Area)
Old Mar 24, 2011, 08:29 PM
tsheridan

94 posts · Mar 2011
Yes I am.

height: 1px;
background: #ffffff;
border-top: 1px solid #B52D2F;

height: 1px;
background: #ffffff;
border-bottom: 1px solid #B52D2F;

BTW, you answered on my other post as well, about the wp-member plugin breaking my html/css inserts - it's doing the same thing here. When I look at the styling for the bars and other elements, I can only see the top line and I can't expand the box. I can select it all and then copy/past somewhere however. Have you heard of this before?
Old Mar 25, 2011, 05:30 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
1) did you remove the %bar1 and 2 and did that fix it?
2) yes I have heard of many plugin conflicts. I think I've discovered it is because are using a GLOBAL jscript variable as a PRIVATE variable. In other words the plugin comes in and says 'I'll just mess with this variable and not reset it back to what it was' and that can mess up any other jscripts.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 07:42 AM
tsheridan

94 posts · Mar 2011
I tried removing them and it got rid of the white border around the menu bar background image, however the menu items are still much bigger than the menu background. Is there no way to fix this and still have the %bar1 and %bar2?