Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

Changing font color in center column but not sidebars

Old Jul 23, 2009, 12:44 PM
lchapnick

6 posts · Jul 2009
USA Boca Raton,Florida
Send a message via Skype™ to lchapnick
Red face Changing font color in center column but not sidebars

I'm new at this so please bear with me. I've downloaded Atahualpa 3.4.2, love this theme. Thank you to everyone at BFA. To the point, I changed the font color in my center column through Body, Text & Links. My problem is when I do this it also changes the title font color in my sidebars. How do I change the colors in my center column (title and body) but leave the sidebar font colors the way they are. I would appreciate any help. I donated today and saw that you could make a donation to individuals which I will do to whoever can help me.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 03:41 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Body, Text & Links sets the default style for the page. Anything that doesn't have an override gets it's style from this default. Each area of the theme has a place to add style for that area.

If you want to style the center column (the posts) you could do it at ATO->Style & edit CENTER COLUMN->Center column style. But it gets better, you have even more control. The center column is made up of 'post containers', ie inside the center column are post containers which can be styled (two types 'sticky's and normal posts) and each 'post container' is made up of the container, kicker, headline, byline, body and footer (see ATO->style POSTS & PAGES) each of those areas can be styled independent of the others.

HEY, shake the glaze out of those eyes (just kidding) This arrangement gives you an unprecedented level of control, or you can do as little as you want.

If the style in Body, Text & Links is good for the sidebar, you can just add styling at ATO->Style & edit CENTER COLUMN->Center column style fior the center column

(BTW, you can style each widget in the sidebar differently...but that's a story for another day)
Old Jul 23, 2009, 08:10 PM
lchapnick

6 posts · Jul 2009
USA Boca Raton,Florida
Send a message via Skype™ to lchapnick
Wink Thanks so much JUGGLEDAD!

Thanks so much JUGGLEDAD! You have lifted the glaze from my eyes. I will play around with the ATO->Style & edit CENTER COLUMN->and see what I come up with. Look for my donation I sending it now. Thank you again..