Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

How to add half width new widget area?

Old Jun 11, 2012, 06:52 AM
prooffairy

73 posts · Oct 2010
I need to add a recent posts box to the front page of this website: http://www.smconsult.co.uk/

Basically there are no sidebars on the page, but the client wants the last few news posts to sit in a box above the slideshow - using up that white space there. I don't want it to interfere with the placing of the text on the left though, that needs to stay where it is.

I've added new widget areas before but don't know how to add one that has a fixed width (450px to fit the size of the slideshow) and doesn't interfere with anything else on the page!

Can anyone help please?
Old Jun 11, 2012, 06:55 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Perhaps the List Category Posts plugin would work.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 07:20 AM
prooffairy

73 posts · Oct 2010
Ah yes, that's a different way of doing it - thanks!