Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Some frustration with moving web site to new hosts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jul 12, 2014, 09:04 PM
justme

22 posts · Feb 2014
Some frustration with moving web site to new hosts

In the course of moving my wordpress site to a new host, I seem to have lost many of my Atahualpa settings. This seems to defeat the purpose of going through the whole transfer process instead of simply rebuilding the small site.

But the really strange thing, that seems new to me, is I now can't seem to log in to two Wordpress sites at the same time so I can simply copy the old settings to the new site. I'm not sure if this is something new built into Wordpress security or if it has something to do with a cookie set by the new host. (The site was moved from Yahoo to GoDaddy - both the client's choice).

Anyway I feel quite frustrated now. This should have been a simple process of just FTPing over the WP files and moving the database, but instead it has caused problems all day, and now the Atahualpa settings are missing. I'm glad I looked first before hitting the big green "save" button!

Any words of advice for this situation?