Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

Has anyone figured out how to display the author?

Old Nov 30, 2012, 01:06 AM
BrianDouglas

8 posts · Oct 2012
New Jersey, USA
I have been trying find a way to display the author of posts at http://earnmoneyinsider.com

I am not having a lot of luck!

Does anyone here know how to accomplish it? I am thinking about finding a plugin for author bio boxes and just injecting those under body content, but not sure what I will come up with there.

Thanks for any simple solution for this.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:17 AM
Virtualmotorpix

21 posts · Nov 2012
If it helps I've just installed this plugin http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/...r/screenshots/

It seems promising with a bit of tweaking.

EDIT: It works. Just need to edit the CSS to get different display.

Last edited by Virtualmotorpix; Nov 30, 2012 at 06:45 AM.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 05:41 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Known issue (see http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...ghlight=author) still waiting for Flynn to respond
Old Dec 1, 2012, 08:36 AM
BrianDouglas

8 posts · Oct 2012
New Jersey, USA
That's what I was afraid of, JuggleDad. Thanks for linking the thread to confirm. I had found it in searching at first, but didn't want to necro it.

@virtualmotorpix: Yep, I've installed an author box as well now, I guess it'll be better to do that for now at least. Whole site might get a total overhaul eventually anyhow.

Thanks to you both!
Old Jan 10, 2013, 03:14 PM
Neut

26 posts · Jul 2010
The Netherlands, Europe, Earth
Strangely i managed to get the author displayed today (just added
Code:
<?php the_author_meta( 'display_name' ); ?>
by editing 'single.php' in the Montezuma Options).

Some hours later... and it's gone. /confused
Old Jan 10, 2013, 04:59 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
That code works in the postformat.php but not if you put it in single.php
Old Jan 11, 2013, 12:00 PM
Neut

26 posts · Jul 2010
The Netherlands, Europe, Earth
And it is back, author name is showing in the single posts.

I do not understand why (did not change anything to the theme itself today). I did install the WordpressJetpack plugin, that’s the only difference (I rather not do want to disable it now, to see if the author name then disappears).
Old Jan 11, 2013, 06:11 PM
OrangeSN

1 posts · Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neut
And it is back, author name is showing in the single posts.

I do not understand why (did not change anything to the theme itself today). I did install the WordpressJetpack plugin, that’s the only difference (I rather not do want to disable it now, to see if the author name then disappears).
Works on my single.php, too.
Haven't testet it without Jetpack. Jetpack was one of the first plugins I installed.

I splitted and enhanced post-footer and put this part between title and content:
Code:
<div class="post-footer">
<?php the_time( 'd. F Y' ); ?> &nbsp;&nbsp;| <a href="<?php the_author_meta( 'user_url' ); ?>" alt="Seite von <?php the_author_meta( 'display_name' ); ?>"><?php the_author_meta( 'display_name' ); ?></a> |&nbsp;&nbsp; <p class="post-categories"><?php the_category( ' &middot; ' ); ?></p>
</div>
The div-class should now be called poster-header instead of post-footer. However it's not much a problem for me.

Last edited by OrangeSN; Jan 11, 2013 at 06:12 PM. Reason: One more Comment
Old Jan 11, 2013, 06:20 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
interesting, the jetpack plugin is having some effect because without it, nothing will show.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 12:25 PM
goater

2 posts · Jan 2013
I've described the solution in this post.