Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Can't Style Individual Widget

Old Feb 26, 2014, 10:37 AM
cantplay

14 posts · Aug 2012
[SOLVED] Can't Style Individual Widget

I am trying to learn and have some hours in on this, looking at CSS tutorials again, trying different forum solutions and getting magic quotes turned off by going to PHP 5.4, but I cannot style just one widget. www.whitebrothersbaseball.com All plugins deactivated, latest versions of WP and ATA.

If I put
background:#ffffff;
in ATA>STYLE WIDGETS>WIDGET TITLE BOX
It changes the title box to white in all widgets, no problem.

Then I go into firebug and copy the css generated by the above setting. I take the style out of ATA>Widget Title Box and put the css I copied out of firebug it in ATA>HTML/CSS Inserts, but it will not make the change simply by putting the css in the ATA Inserts area.

Firebug shows the below css when I use ATA>Widget Title Box successfully:
div.widget-title {
background-color:#FFFFFF;
background-position:initial initial;
background-repeat:initial initial;
display:block;
width:auto;
}

And when I put that in ATA Inserts it does not make the change. I also tried variations such as the following all tried with and without !important:

div.widget-title {
background-color:#FFFFFF !important;
}

#text-6 div.widget-title {
}

#text-6 .widget-title {
}

I have been trying to style the text-6 in the right sidebar and text-8 an added center top widget area independently with no success.

Any ideas?
Old Feb 26, 2014, 11:26 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
When ever you add css to the bottom of CSS Inserts and it doesn't seem to work, try moving it to the beginning to see if you have a syntax error elsewhere that is causing all following css to be ignored.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 02:37 PM
cantplay

14 posts · Aug 2012
Oh brother....bad old syntax above it.
Stinks to have it right, but still be wrong!
Thanks again JD. Donations coming soon.