Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Using Header (menu) Externally

Old May 25, 2012, 10:11 PM
Shane74340Plus

3 posts · May 2012
[SOLVED] Using Header (menu) Externally

I am wondering how I could use the menu of Atahualpa externally in another sub directory. I am wanting to use the menu on a MyBB forum. I am developing the site locally so I have no URL.

Thanks,
Shane.

Last edited by Shane74340Plus; May 27, 2012 at 09:24 AM.
Old May 26, 2012, 01:27 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
The menu is dynamically created when you view the page. While you could view the source of a page and grab the HTML that makes the menu, and new pages you add will not show up unless you grab the source again.
Old May 27, 2012, 08:47 AM
Shane74340Plus

3 posts · May 2012
I did the method described on the wordpress site, and it does indeed work, however, the only problem is that my forum software (MyBB) cannot use PHP in its templates.

So, I have decided to create a "top menu", but am wondering what file to edit in Atahualpa to insert the top menu. (I want the menu on top of the site, above the theme wrapper, so any width changes won't affect it) If I figure it out on my own, I'll update this post.T

hanks,
Shane.

UPDATE:
I have figured out what file to edit and where to place the custom code.

Last edited by Shane74340Plus; May 27, 2012 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Updated, Solved