Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

How Can I Reduce Post Headline Font Size

Old Oct 11, 2009, 11:53 AM
Romeo Kilo

8 posts · Oct 2009
Phoenix, Arizona
How do I reduce:

1. font size of the post headline on all pages?

2. padding before and after the post headline?
Old Oct 11, 2009, 12:07 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
review the options in the 'Style POSTS/PAGES' section
Old Oct 11, 2009, 12:15 PM
Romeo Kilo

8 posts · Oct 2009
Phoenix, Arizona
I assume you mean to add code to: HEADLINE Box: Text and HEADLINE Box: Links. What is the default size of the heading text and what is the code to make it smaller?

Also, is there default padding above and below the text? If so, how much? What is the code to make the heading have less padding above and below it?

Thanks.
Old Oct 11, 2009, 12:21 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
The default text size is what ever you specify in 'Body, Text & Links'
If you want to override this, then you need to put in the css for font size in the area in question padding of the text is controled in HEADLINE Box: Text etc also, but you can also style the box that the text is in - see HEADLINE Box

Last edited by juggledad; Dec 28, 2009 at 10:59 AM.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 05:52 PM
Maeve

10 posts · Jun 2009
Arkansas
Send a message via Yahoo to Maeve
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
The default text size is what ever you specify in 'Body, Text & Links'
If you want to override this, then you need to put in the css for font size in the area in question padding of the text is controled in HEADLINE Box: Text etc also, but you can also style the box that the text is in - see HEADLINE Box
May I ask a question here? My problem is related. I just tried to make the body type bigger. I specified a larger type in the Body, Texts & Links. The first paragraph comes up in the larger type, but the rest of the post is still small. How can I make all the type the size of that in the first paragraph? (I'm using 3.44)

Here's a current page: http://americanenglishdoctor.com/wordpress/?p=1002
Old Jan 22, 2010, 06:25 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
It looks like you copied the text from a word document and pasted it into the post. Don't do this!!! When you do this, you pick up all the embedded word formatting and it havoc with the way a post looks.

If you have text in a word document, do a copy and then paste it into wordpad and save it as strict text. Then open it again and copy and paste it into your post.

Better yet, just type it in the post in the first place.

Go edit the post and switch to the HTML editor and you will see all the 'extra' formatting put in from Word.