Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

adding a submit button to the header search box

Old Sep 6, 2009, 08:10 PM
eyelight

1 posts · Sep 2009
I would like to use a submit button on the header search box, rather than just relying on the enter/return keystroke. some of my users won't know about that.

I've been editing 'bfa_header_config.php' but all attempts at editing the form have caused the entire wordpress blog to break, and the front side and admin side both display white when I try to update that file.

So, I'm wondering what the best practices would be to add the magnifying glass from the sidebar widget search bar, into the header search bar, to be used as a submit button.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 04:06 AM
True

11 posts · Jul 2010
Cape Town, South Africa
would love an answer to this question...can anyone help?
Old Aug 2, 2010, 06:16 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
There are two solutions to the problem of users not knowing what to do for searching.
  • Put a search widget in the sidebar or in a new widget area
  • Put some informational text in the search box - See ATO>Style & edit HEADER AREA