Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

WP 2.7.1 Upgrade Issue

Old Mar 31, 2009, 10:40 PM
chiaxiong

5 posts · Mar 2009
Hi guys. I just upgraded WP to 2.7 and now I can't seem to choose any themes for my site. The blog has reverted to the default theme. When I get to "Appearance and Themes" there are no themes listed even though I have Atahualpa in the "/wordpress/wp-content/themes/" folder. For kicks, I also installed a few other themes just to see if they would work and nothing. Also I tried to use the editor for the default theme and I get the message "The requested theme does not exist." Any suggestions how to remedy this? I am using cPanel to install the themes on my webhost. Please be detailed and thanks in advance.

-CHIA-
Old Mar 31, 2009, 11:32 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
You should extract the ZIP file and then upload the whole directory /atahualpa332/ (including all files and subdirectories inside) to /wp-content/themes/ on your web hosting account so you end up with

/wp-content/themes/atahualpa322/functions/
/wp-content/themes/atahualpa322/images/
/wp-content/themes/atahualpa322/js/
/wp-content/themes/atahualpa322/options/
/wp-content/themes/atahualpa322/atahualpa.pot
/wp-content/themes/atahualpa322/comments.php

etc...

You'd usually upload with a FTP client software such as Cute FTP, Filezilla etc.

I am not sure if this works with CPanel. Does Cpanel have a multi file select & upload feature? That's a very rare feature. Probably not. That would mean that you would have to upload the 297 files and 10 folders of Atahualpa one by one. Did you do that?
Old Apr 1, 2009, 12:00 AM
chiaxiong

5 posts · Mar 2009
Hi Flynn. When using CPanel, i upload the .zip file into the themes folder and than click on the "uncompress" feature to extract the file. The program also creates folders and subfolders automatically for the different themes.

Currently it looks like this, "/wordpress/wp-content/themes/atahualpa332/" with 13 files and 4 directories in the main ata folder. The rest of the files are in the remaining 4 directories. But I can erase them and do it manually. CPanel only allows me to upload 3 files at a time, but I will Ftp it for simplicity sake. I will let ya know if that works. Thanks again.

-CHIA-
Old Apr 1, 2009, 05:35 AM
chiaxiong

5 posts · Mar 2009
Everything works now Flynn. Thanks. It seems there was a problem with the "uncompress" feature on this particular webhost's Cpanel. It took a bit of time, but I nuked the entire site and started from scratch unzipping the files onto my hard drive first, and than using Filezilla to ftp to the webhost. Thank you again!

-CHIA-