Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

[SOLVED] extra space between posts on homepage

Old Jun 1, 2009, 06:21 PM
reallylost

16 posts · May 2009
Hi,

I'm very happy with this theme, thank you! And, with your help, I've managed to do almost everything I want with it.

One last (hopefully) question: How can I get rid of the extra space between posts on the homepage?
I'm not using the kicker nor the byline, just the headline and the footer.

Thanks
Old Jun 1, 2009, 07:49 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
do you have any padding?
What is the URL
Old Jun 2, 2009, 04:09 AM
reallylost

16 posts · May 2009
I don't think I have padding, I'm not sure what that is. I think all the paddings are set to 0.

it's at www.table.chihiro.fr/wordpress

Thanks
Old Jun 2, 2009, 04:50 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Sorry, not padding, it's the margin.

Each post is in a container of it's own. You have a 60px margin set for the bottom of each post container. It gives the effect of a large gap between posts, while it's really a margin after the bottom of the post container.

The setting is at ATO->Post/Page Styling->POST Container.

Yours is 'margin: 0 0 60px 0;' - the four numbers are Top, Right, Bottom, and Left margins

To see the size of the post container, as an experiment, change the post container background to FF7F50, i.e. in ATO->Post/Page Styling->POST Container put
HTML Code:
margin: 0 0 60px 0;
background: #FF7F50;
and you will see the margin you've set for the bottom of each post.

p.s. If you add a top margin, the gap will get even larger becase ou will have the top and bottom margins added together between posts.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 05:55 AM
reallylost

16 posts · May 2009
Thanks, but what I want to do is get rid of some of the extra space between what is now orange, i.e. between the footer of the previous post and the headline of the next post.

But, it is true that when the post background is coloured, the extra space may not be unnecessary.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 07:13 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
It's the margin, change it to 'margin: 0 0 60px 0;' to 'margin; 0 0 5px 0;' and you will make the bottom margin smallerthe
Old Jun 2, 2009, 08:55 AM
reallylost

16 posts · May 2009
Thank you!

Now, is it possible to display Page excerpts and images in the left sidebar, instead of just the page titles in the Page menu?
Old Jun 2, 2009, 12:46 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
take a look at the 'BFA Recent Comments' widget
Old Jun 2, 2009, 02:11 PM
reallylost

16 posts · May 2009
I have looked at the BFA Recent comments widget but I don't understand how it works and it doesn't seem to be what I am looking for. But I have posted another thread exposing the problem.