Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

Jetpack Mosaic Tile not working with theme

Old Jun 2, 2013, 09:34 AM
Tony42

6 posts · Jun 2013
I recently changed to the Montezuma theme and my tiled mosiac galleries stopped working. If I switch back to a different theme they resume working so I am assuming its theme related. All I can get is the basic square tiles to appear in the new and old posts, no cool mosaics. Is this purposeful? Is there some custom code or something I can do to get the tiled mosaic (from jetpack) in the Montezuma theme?

Last edited by juggledad; Jun 2, 2013 at 05:29 PM.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 12:51 AM
Tony42

6 posts · Jun 2013
Anyone know the answer to this? I have searched everywhere on the net with no solution
Old Jun 13, 2013, 05:04 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
does it work if you swap to twenty-twelve?
What is the URL?
Old Jun 13, 2013, 05:07 PM
Tony42

6 posts · Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
does it work if you swap to twenty-twelve?
What is the URL?
Yes it does work if I switch to twenty twelve. Here is the test blog I'm using to try to figure it out. I made a fresh install to make sure there are no other plugins affecting it.

http://tonylewis.us/blog/2013/06/13/mosaic-gallery/
Old Jun 13, 2013, 05:14 PM
jerryc

367 posts · Oct 2012
Florida
I see 6 tiled images on chrome on win7.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 06:11 PM
Tony42

6 posts · Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryc
I see 6 tiled images on chrome on win7.
I'm talking about the mosaic tile that shows up in other themes I have used. Look at the page now I activated twenty twelve so you can see what I'm talking about. Thank you for the help btw

Link back to the page: http://tonylewis.us/blog/2013/06/13/mosaic-gallery/
Old Jun 13, 2013, 06:26 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
can you swap it back to montezuma
Old Jun 13, 2013, 06:32 PM
Tony42

6 posts · Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
can you swap it back to montezuma
I switched it back to Montezuma
Old Jun 13, 2013, 07:44 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I did an experiment with several different themes. Some work like Twenty Twelve, and Atahualpa and some don't, like Montezuma. It looks like the mosaic function has a little growing to do.

This plugin works quite nicely though with all themes I tried it with.

Last edited by lmilesw; Jun 13, 2013 at 08:08 PM.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 08:11 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Yup there is definatelys something that isn't working right be it a theme issue of plugin issue. It is going to take someone digging into the theme code nd the plugin code to understand how it is hooked in and what is going on.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 04:44 PM
Tony42

6 posts · Jun 2013
I messed around with some of the files in the Theme editor. I think it will be as easy as commenting out some PHP or HTML code somewhere. I deleted everything in post_gallery_filter.php and they worked for about 2 minutes then WordPress completely crashed and gave me an Internal Server error 500. I had to ftp in and rename the Montezuma them folder to something else to even get the admin panel back online. Once I did that I had to re install Montezuma because simply re-uploading the file post_gallery_filter.php didn't even work lol.

Some where the [gallery] shortcode is getting hooked and changed hopefully some one knows the function or simple comment that needs to be made to fix it.

I saw this code in post_gallery_filter.php on line 21.. I commented it out I have tried removing the remarks but I believe is missing some data for the array to make it work because it simply outputted a blank screen
// Allow plugins/themes to override the default gallery template.
//$output = apply_filters('post_gallery', '', $attr);

I'm gonna have to keep digging get back my old PHP knowledge I haven't used in 5 years.

I appreciate your help with this I will let you know if I solve the problem. Please let me know if you have any guesses as well.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 11:31 AM
BionicBeauty

1 posts · May 2013
Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony42
I appreciate your help with this I will let you know if I solve the problem. Please let me know if you have any guesses as well.
Tony42 and all, Did you figure out how to get the Tiled Mosaic galleries back while running Montezuma? I am experiencing the same problem. An example article is here: http://bionic-style.com/ampersand-fa...wallpaper-set/
I used the shortcode for gallery type: rectangular which should render a mosaic style yet Montezuma is forcing a square old-style gallery.

Any suggestions, ideas etc that I should try? I'm relatively good with code so I'm happy to try to get this working for all of us if someone could suggest a few directions for me to head in. :-)

Many thanks,
Jami
Old May 29, 2014, 02:32 PM
striped aardvark

50 posts · Mar 2010
dundas, ontario, canada
I'm unable to make this work either - it's been driving me nuts. Has anyone figured it out yet? I wouldn't use the bloody thing at all, except i have a site that's been imported from wordpress.com and it's ALL tiled galleries. and they look super crappy when not laid out as galleries. (i'm using atahualpa by the way.)