Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

Multi-page Posts - Navigation issue (pagination)

Old Apr 12, 2009, 04:48 AM
fenixsz

3 posts · Apr 2009
Hello,

I have issue with navigation links on bottom of the page.

Now, what I see is:

Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7....

Is there I chance for other navigation lilke:

*Lets say we are on page 4 in this moment.

first page,....,3,4,5,.....last page

PHP Code:
<?php // Post Pagination 

if ((is_home() && $bfa_ata['excerpts_home'] == "Full Posts") OR 
        (
is_category() && $bfa_ata['excerpts_category'] == "Full Posts") OR 
        (
is_date() && $bfa_ata['excerpts_archive'] == "Full Posts") OR 
        (
is_tag() && $bfa_ata['excerpts_tag'] == "Full Posts") OR 
        (
is_search() && $bfa_ata['excerpts_search'] == "Full Posts") OR 
        (
is_author() && $bfa_ata['excerpts_author'] == "Full Posts") OR 

is_single() OR 

is_page() ) {

wp_link_pages('before=<p class="post-pagination"><strong>' __('Pages:','atahualpa') . '</strong> &after=</p>&next_or_number=number'); 
        } 
?>
Old Apr 14, 2009, 03:47 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Doesn't look as if the default wp_link_pages function could do this
http://codex.wordpress.org/Template_Tags/wp_link_pages

You'll probably need a plugin for this
Old Jun 1, 2010, 05:07 PM
andyro

19 posts · Dec 2008
california & canada
I've tried a few pagination plugins, such as wp page_navi and can't seem to get any of them to work. I have pasted the <?php wp_pagenavi(); ?> in the lower css inserts section of ATO, and when that didn't work I tried calling it from the footer.php - but nothing seems to get these to show up. Links to the plugins are here: http://www.lesterchan.net/wordpress/...-pagenavi.html, and a review of a few different ones here: http://skyje.com/2010/02/5-excellent...ion-solutions/

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Andy. Oh - I see over here someone has been down this path. No solution for multippage or split posts it would seem...

Last edited by andyro; Jun 1, 2010 at 05:45 PM.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 03:41 AM
Erwin

4 posts · Oct 2011
Hello gentlemen!

I have a question regarding the output of the <!--nextpage--> tag in the Atahualpa theme.
On my site, this results in displaying:

"Pages 1, 2".

This is what I expected, but is it possible to change the word Pages to something different? Like "My pages", or "Pagina"?
I have checked and tried changing it in the bfa-post-parts.php template, but that did not change the output.

I'm overlooking something, but I cannot figure out what that is.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 04:19 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
edit index.php and find the line (line 34 in version 3.7.10)
HTML Code:
		<?php bfa_post_pagination('<p class="post-pagination"><strong>'.__('Pages:','atahualpa').'</strong>','</p>'); ?>
and change it there. - note this will effect a translation if you use one.