Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Shorter Page Menu Title

Old Jun 26, 2009, 09:10 PM
tkeller

14 posts · Jun 2009
Love this theme FYI and very new to WP (less than a week) .

My first question is: can you make a shorter page name for menu use? I make a page, give it let's say a four word title but I don't want it that long in the drop down menu.
Old Jun 29, 2009, 09:29 AM
bcorrigan

85 posts · Feb 2009
There are plug ins at WordPress that will help with that. I think there is one called Page title. Do a search and find one you like.

-Bill
Old Jun 29, 2009, 10:16 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
a quick search of the forun found http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...menu+bar+names
Old Jul 13, 2009, 09:35 PM
kathryn

14 posts · Jun 2009
I like the switch of the long-title into the page header with this easy edit.
Is there any way to get this long title to show up in the mouse-over the menu choice?
Or perhaps a different way around. To be clearer, I want the short title in the menu bar, the long title when you hover over that menu-bar and the long title on the actual page.