Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

Atahualpa and iPad

Old Apr 3, 2010, 05:53 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
Atahualpa and iPad

No, I don't have an iPad yet, and I'm not sure I'll get one for a while. But I was wondering if Flynn has any plans to help us make our site iPad-friendly, both for Atahualpa and Themeframe. See this:
http://developer.apple.com/safari/li...10/tn2262.html

It looks like using CSS fixed positioning is not going to be a good idea for viewing a site with the iPad.
Old Apr 3, 2010, 07:35 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Well I can't tell you how it works...yet (my iPad is on a UPS truck heading my way!!) I did look at the referenced site and there is no 'position: fixed' in the CSS

I'll report later in teh day of my experience
Old Apr 3, 2010, 02:03 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Your site looks great on the iPad, check out the attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo14.jpg
Views:	1162
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	452

Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo15.jpg
Views:	1113
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	453
Old Apr 3, 2010, 02:07 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
Woo! Really super! Thank you, JD. I was going to wait for Generation 2, but I may not be able to. So tell us more. What apps do you have for it? Tried any books or magazines?
Old Apr 3, 2010, 03:16 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
It is sweet, it's not a development device, but so what. the books look incredible - it comes with Winnie the Pooh and it looks like the original. I popped a movie on it, and it looks great. photos are stunning. my wife looking over my shoulder said "Ok, we don't need a flat screen tv"

Then she said she may not wait a year to get one.

the keyboard works great and I've got big hands and the apps look great. I may have to get one of these for my mother!!!

Email works great and I bought Pages, emailed myself a Pages doc from my Mac and it works great.

Even the sound is good!! OK, I'm going back to play now!
Old Apr 9, 2010, 07:22 AM
Shepherd Jim

301 posts · Feb 2009
Bristol, midcoast Maine USA
Okay! I keep hearing that Apple is not permitting Flash to operate on the iPad.

HOW exactly does that effect your user experience??

I keep thinking that my first/top urgent use for an iPad (or for one of the iPad-like devices coming soon maybe running an MS OS or Google Android) would be to be able to have an easily accessed list of my orders which I could take out to the woodshop. The "atmosphere" in the shop is way too unfriendly for a laptop. For years I've used a succession of Palm Pilots (currently a Palm Centro "smart phone") to meet this need. I imagine I'd have at least a neoprene sleeve to protect the iPad when not in actual use.

Does that sound like a possible application?