Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Replacing widget title with image - image and title are displaying at same time

Old Apr 25, 2010, 10:07 AM
barefaced

5 posts · Mar 2009
Hi, hope someone can help. I am sure this is my own fault because I stupidly deleted all of my CSS inserts then saved. Prior to that "doh" moment, I had successfully replaced widget titles with my own images using the following:

div.widget-title h3 {
display: none;
}

div#fidgetr-2 div.widget-title {
background: url('http://path/to/myflickr.gif');
height:30px;
background-repeat: no-repeat;
}

div#recently-on-last-fm div.widget-title {
background: url('http://path/to/mylastfm.gif');
height:30px;
background-repeat: no-repeat;
}

etc etc

Since adding this back into the HTML/CSS inserts section, both the widget title and image are displaying. Any suggestions? I've tried removing and replacing the widgets from the sidebar. I have resolved it for a couple by removing the text from the widget title field on the widget page but some of them don't have that facility.

You can see what I mean here

Thanks
Nicki
Old Apr 25, 2010, 04:14 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
change your
div.widget-title h3 {
}
to
div.widget-title h3 a {
}
Old Apr 26, 2010, 11:47 AM
barefaced

5 posts · Mar 2009
Juggledad

Thanks, tried that but it's made no difference
Nicki
Old Apr 26, 2010, 12:50 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you have a bad line of code in the CSS just befor the 'div.widget-title h3 a'

HTML Code:
'styling widget titles

div.widget-title h3 a {
}
the 'styling widget titles is the start of a quote, so it is messing up the things after it. remove it
Old Apr 27, 2010, 03:56 PM
barefaced

5 posts · Mar 2009
Juggledad - thanks. Soon as I read that I recognised that I had used VBA code commenting instead of CSS commenting. Thanks for pointing it out, I'm such a doofus!

Last edited by barefaced; Apr 27, 2010 at 04:48 PM.