Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

[SOLVED] Author credit?

Old Dec 5, 2009, 12:17 PM
Withnail

14 posts · Dec 2009
[SOLVED] Author credit?

I can't seem to figure out how to have the author of the post's name show up, anywhere. Is this a theme setting or a WP setting. In the Users section of WP I selected something in the "Display name publicly as..." drop down, but nothing shows up. Again, I don't know if this is a WP setting or a Theme one....

Thanks!

-Withnail
Old Dec 5, 2009, 12:41 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
There are ways to change how the author shows up but if you are having problems with anything showing in the name shows publicly box then something else is going on. Does your user name show up in that drop down in WP or is nothing there?
Old Dec 5, 2009, 01:03 PM
Withnail

14 posts · Dec 2009
The name shows up in the drop down box, but I don't see an author's name anywhere on the post. Just wondering if I've missed a check box or something!
Old Dec 5, 2009, 01:11 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I use WordPress as a CMS so much that I never noticed the name doesn't show by default (I think). It looks like you have to add %author% to the Post and Page areas that you want it to show. In ATA go to Edit post/page info items and wander through there. It should give you the info you need.
Old Dec 5, 2009, 01:21 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
see the examples at ATO->Edit POST/PAGE INFO ITEMS->BYLINE:
There are several BYLINE optyion locations (single page, multi post page etc) so you can have them act the same or different
Old Dec 5, 2009, 01:29 PM
Withnail

14 posts · Dec 2009
Thanks, guys!