Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Atahualpa theme help

Old Sep 20, 2011, 08:24 AM
KimatARS

1 posts · Sep 2011
Info:
Running WordPress 3.2.1, using the Atahualpa theme, web-site stored on phpMyAdmin, and FileZilla as a client (not a server, I believe because if I try to upload something it doesn't work). I don't know what the server is. I don't think that's my area.

I'm new with WordPress and have just been getting my bearings with it. I recently updated (regrettably) the http://www.ars.org website's WordPress editor to 3.2.1 and all its plugins, and it created some issues with the theme. It's taking longer to find the issue than it is to fix it. If you could please point in the generally right direction on how to go about fixing these two problems (stated below), I'd be very grateful.

First, the header banner is supposed to rotate images of roses. During the update the images got reset to the default ones that came with the theme and I can't find how to fix it. It's a website for the American Rose Society, we can't have pictures of weeds and raspberries! I've checked to see if it's getting the images from the right place (wp_content -> theme -> images -> header, etc), but I don't think the files are there. Since I'm not using FileZilla as a server and can't drag and drop the files to upload them, how do I go about fixing this? Can I set up a separate page and load the images to the header that way?

Second, on all the news posts the heading is duplicated. I don't even know where to look to fix that. I've checked under the theme appearance, I've tried editing the post information... nothing has worked so far. Where is the code for this located if it is a theme problem?

I have some back ups using FileZilla, but the last completed one was in July. Before I knew about that I used a WP plug in called BackUpWordPress. I've downloaded the appropriate file I want to use as a .zip file, but I have no idea what to do with it now.

If you could please assist me, I would be very appreciative. I'm at my wit's end and my boss is not happy.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 08:39 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
1) You need to use an FTP program to load the header images to the atahualpa/images/header folder. Filezilla should be able to do it if you have the right credentials - you need to talk to your host to get them - you might look at the host's options to see if there is a file transfer program available. Your USER might not have authority to access the wordpress folders.

2) It looks like you don't have the 3.6.7 PATCHES applied. Here are the links.
  • PATCH 367-01: Odd effects when 'CSS: Compress' = 'Yes'
  • PATCH 367-02 is incorporated in PATCH 367-04
  • PATCH 367-03: PHP errors when adding widget areas in index.php
  • PATCH 367-04: Hovering over a Post/Page title only shows "Permanent Link to"
  • PATCH 367-05: Site Title appended after the 'WordPress SEO by Yoast' title