Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

How to Remove the Magnifying Glass from the Sidebar Widget?

Old Apr 30, 2014, 07:23 AM
rardnek

3 posts · Mar 2014
I've been searching the forums and reading related topics but I am stuck on that magnifying glass.

Is it possible to use CSS to change the submit button so that it does not use the deafult magnifying glass image but is just a text button instead? I've don't know enough CSS to know if it's possible to override the src of the input field.

I am looking for a solution that does not involve me changing the code.

Default html looks like this:
HTML Code:
<td class="searchbutton">
<input name="submit" value="Search" type="image" src="http://www.no-rep.tv/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/magnifier2-gray.gif" style="display: block; border:none; padding: 0 0 0 5px; margin: 0;">
</td>
ps-- making this an editable option in the widget field would be super helpful!
Old Apr 30, 2014, 02:25 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I don't see a magnifying glass on your site.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 02:32 PM
rardnek

3 posts · Mar 2014
As a work around, I copied the HTML created by the widget and pasted it into my footer, with my own edits to the style/formatting to get rid of the image.

(Side note: I'd love help figuring out how to get rid of the white border around "Search").

It's not the most elegant solution, but it worked for me.

I stuck the generic search widget back into the right-hand side bar if you would like to see it:

http://www.no-rep.tv/test/
Old Apr 30, 2014, 03:17 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
The 'Search' widget is not part of the theme, it is part of the WordPress base install. You can add CSS to the Atahualpa 'CSS Inserts' to effect it.

Your solution is fine, you modified it to suit your needs, what more do you need?
Old Apr 30, 2014, 03:29 PM
rardnek

3 posts · Mar 2014
Apologies, I assumed the search widget was part of the theme.

I figured out my hack after i posted, but thanks anyway.