Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

Update to latest version - will it break?

Old Jan 28, 2009, 04:12 PM
bergonzzi

2 posts · Jan 2009
Lisbon, Portugal
Hi there,

I want to update to the latest version of the (great) Atahualpa but I've done so much customization that I'm really afraid of losing it - I wouldn't know how to do it all again...! What would be the best wat to save the settings?

Thanks!
André Bergonse
Old Jan 28, 2009, 04:21 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
The theme options would be carried over automatically because they're saved in the WP database, and as long as you don't click the "Reset ALL theme options" button they won't be deleted when you upload a new theme version.

But any manual theme edits you may have made you would have to (manually) re-apply to the new files.

The update from 3.1.7 to 3.1.8/3.1.9 had a rather major change regarding the placement of the dynamic CSS. Since the CSS is now inline inside header.php, any image references (i.e. CSS background images) you may have made would have to be changed to absolute paths

old:

HTML Code:
 url(image/myimage.gif)
would have to be changed to new:

HTML Code:
 url(/wp-content/themes/atahualpa3/images/myimage.gif)
or

HTML Code:
 url(/http://www.mysite.com/wp-content/themes/atahualpa3/images/myimage.gif)
That should be all