Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Multiple instances of bfa-recent-comments widget on different sidebars

Old Mar 17, 2011, 10:14 AM
valsouza

7 posts · Mar 2011
Hello

I'm experimenting with this awesome theme for my website which is a work-in-progress at the moment.

I'm using Wordpress 3.1 and Atahualpa 3.6.4

I'm attempting to use the feature of Left Sidebar and Left Inner Sidebar to implement a separately styled and widgetised single Left Sidebar to be displayed on Pages and Single Posts respectively. However I need to have bfa-recent-comments widget on both these sidebars. The Left Sidebar and Left Inner Sidebar will never be displayed simultaneously. However once I have dragged bfa-recent-comments to, say, the Left Sidebar area, it disappears from the "Available Widgets" list and I cannot create another instance for the Left Inner Sidebar.

Is there any way this can be achieved?

Thank you for your help.

Last edited by valsouza; Mar 17, 2011 at 10:20 AM.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 11:44 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
not without editing the theme code. It is currently setup to only allow one instance of the plugin.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 01:29 AM
valsouza

7 posts · Mar 2011
Oh, okay, I was kind of expecting that. Thank you for the response, Juggledad.

I guess I will have to make do with a plugin such as Widget Logic for selective display of other widgets on different pages, keeping the single instance of bfa-recent-comments constant on all pages.

Will have to dispense with the (essentially cosmetic) desire to have differently-styled sidebars on different pages, I guess.

It's a real joy experimenting with Atahualpa, and getting around obstacles and problems by reading the helpul posts on this excellent forum. Thank you Flynn, Juggledad, Larry, and everyone else who has worked to make this possible.

- Val Souza