Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] How to extend the menu bar color across the whole menu and not just the page

Old Nov 15, 2010, 03:03 AM
runnyeggsham

9 posts · Nov 2010
I can't seem to fix this. I've looked at the forums and tried messing with the ATO options but cant find the answer. Not sure if anyone else had to tweak it when they used Atahualpa but I'm stuck. Here is an image of the problem. TIA.

p.s. the 2nd problem was me trying to figure out how to turn off the left hand menus. I am still looking for a layout setting in ATO or somewhere. But one at a time I guess.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-...atahualpa1.jpg

Last edited by runnyeggsham; Nov 15, 2010 at 03:06 AM. Reason: The image didn't show.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 07:06 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I sometimes wrap the %pages in a div with a 100% width and background color to address your first issue. Or you might be able to use CSS like the following in ATO>Add HTML/CSS Inserts>CSS Inserts
HTML Code:
div#menu1 ul.rMenu {
background: #eeeeee;
}
The second issue is to go to ATO>Style & configure sidebars and uncheck the boxes to show the left sidebar.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 12:40 PM
runnyeggsham

9 posts · Nov 2010
Lmilesw:

Thank you. The second answer went, durh. Hehe. But the first one didn't work out (mostly correct though). But your code helped me figure out that rMenu was what controlled the right menu. I looked at the ATO/Add HTML/CSS Insert and saw that Atahualpa has the rMenu coded for "transparent". Stuck a color code there and now it displays across the line. Pheww.

So if anyone want to know which code it is, it's this one:
div#menu1 ul.rMenu {
background: transparent;
border: none;
}

I have another question on the menu bar but I think I will open a new thread so that way ppl searching for this topic will see this easier. The other question would be pertinent on its own.