Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Vertical bars in the Category menu

Old Sep 2, 2009, 03:29 AM
cvan

67 posts · Aug 2009
How do I get rid of the vertical bars to the left of my category menu?

I'd prefer bullets or dashes or nothing.

Thank you!
Old Sep 2, 2009, 05:25 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What version of Atahualpa, WP and PHP?

are you talking about the category menubar or the category widget?

If you are talking about the category widget (or for that matter any widget) there is a writeup in the gold forum. http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=3232 - note you have to be a gold member to see posts in that forum.
Old Sep 4, 2009, 12:55 PM
chrisp

18 posts · Aug 2009
Okay, from this thread, I am very confused! I am using 3.4.2. What does the category menu bar control?

My confusion lies in that I do have the category widget diplaying my categories in the left sidebar. And I am trying to hide some of those categories through the category menu bar in the ATO (which does not work).

So, I guess my question is what does the category menu bar do if its not controlling the widget? I also do not see an option for a BFA category widget.

So, what do I need to do to be able to exclude certain cat id's from the sidebar? Can someone please help!
Old Sep 4, 2009, 01:20 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
chrisp, tthe category menubar is like the page menubar, but for categores. it is set at ATO->Style & edit HEADER AREA->Configure Header Area by putting '%cats' there.
Old Sep 4, 2009, 02:02 PM
chrisp

18 posts · Aug 2009
Juggledad, thank you so much! About ready to pull my hair out. Overloading on all this php stuff.

Would you mind taking a look at this unanswered thread regarding the comments footer.
http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=3248

Donation on way