Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Hmmmm..the menu bar looks different in Firefox and Safari?!?

Old Nov 18, 2009, 06:44 AM
SimonKemp

12 posts · Nov 2009
So I'm slaving away over a hot computer organising my new site

http://hyde-end.com/wordpress

Which looks OK (still work to do) in Safari

But in Firefox I have a solid ugly looking line around the menu bar and between the menu pages.

I am on a Mac fwiw but I thought that Atahualpa/Wordpress was a cross browser platform.

TIA for any help.

Cheers,

Simon
Old Nov 18, 2009, 06:58 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
From a quick look with Firebug, it appears you have a solid border on your page menu bar. Try deleting that in your Page Menu options. It looks like the color is set for purple, but it's showing up as black for me in Firefox. No border in Safari, as you say. I don't know why that's happening, but maybe Juggledad does.

Lovely site, by the way. I love your work.

Which plugin did you use for the gorgeous portrait slideshow? I love that baby asleep in his father's arms!
Old Nov 18, 2009, 07:38 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
looks like Safari will not display a border smaller than 1.0px - the moment you get to 0.9px, Safari stops displaying the border.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 08:37 AM
SimonKemp

12 posts · Nov 2009
Thanks Paulae and Juggledad, fixed that's great, thank you.

The slideshow software is called showitweb http://www.showitfast.com/#/showit-web/

It was pretty cheap when I bought it but I think it's overpriced now even though it is very easy to use. Software like Slideshowpro is a lot better value FWIW.