Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

PHP code issue while showing posts from a certain category

Old Mar 29, 2011, 02:43 AM
sradhey

9 posts · Aug 2010
I am using Content ABOVE the LOOP area to show some posts from certain categories.
I am using the following code to show 5 posts from category 3:

<?php query_posts('cat=3&showposts=5'); ?>
<ul>
<?php while (have_posts()) : the_post(); ?>
<li><a href="<?php the_permalink() ?>"><?php the_title(); ?></a></li>
<?php endwhile;?>
</ul>

It works perfectly but then the same output is shown IN THE LOOP as well.
I want IN THE LOOP to display all the rest of the categories (everything except category with id 3).

How do I do this ?

Last edited by juggledad; Mar 29, 2011 at 04:39 AM. Reason: spelling
Old Mar 29, 2011, 04:45 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
The way you have this coded, it will show on ALL pages

what are you trying to accomplish?

also, do not double post the same question, it WILL delay a response

Last edited by juggledad; Mar 29, 2011 at 04:53 AM.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 03:35 PM
sradhey

9 posts · Aug 2010
Thanks for the reply.
I am trying to show posts from certain categories in different sections of the homepage.

Example at:
http://www.thewealthwisher.com/testTWW/

I want to show Personal Finance News (category) on the homepage - I am adding code in Content Above the loop for this.
I want the rest of the categories except Personal Finance News to come at the section "From the blog" which I guess is The LOOP itself.

This is achievable via plugins but I was wondering whether PHP code can be used.