Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Code tag doesn't work

Old Sep 17, 2009, 12:03 PM
Suzie

24 posts · Apr 2009
Not sure if this is related to Atahualpa or not but I thought I would start here.

I'm trying to insert a piece of html into a post, using the wordpress code tag. When I preview the post, the html just does not show. I can see it when I view the page source, so it's at least working in that way.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Suzie
Old Sep 17, 2009, 12:36 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What version of Atahualpa and WP?
What is the code
Old Sep 17, 2009, 02:08 PM
Suzie

24 posts · Apr 2009
Both are the latest versions.

I did have an error where I forgot to put "My Site" so that explains why I couldn't see anything. But now it just shows as a link, not the code as I had wished.

This is what I see in source view:
<p>Example:<code><a href="http://www.mysite" target="_new">My Site</a></code></p>

What I see when I preview the page is a link:
Example: My Site
Old Sep 17, 2009, 02:53 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
What are you expecting to see?
Old Sep 17, 2009, 03:12 PM
Suzie

24 posts · Apr 2009
I actually want to see the code in my post. After more research, it looks as if I need a plugin to show code in a post.

How silly of me to actually think that the <code></code> tags might mean that I could put code in between them.

Thanks for your time Juggledad.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 04:09 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
oh, that's easy, copy the code, swap to th visual editor and then paste the code in. The visual editor will convert the html to '&gt' and '&lt' so that it will display as html