Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

[SOLVED] The safest version to upgrade from 3.6.4 ?

Old Jan 3, 2012, 07:18 AM
sober

121 posts · Oct 2010
Lightbulb [SOLVED] The safest version to upgrade from 3.6.4 ?

Hi

Its been a long time I have updated my theme. The current version is 3.6.4 and I am quite happy with it. I also haven't been active in the forums and to be honest I have very little idea as to the developments happened thereafter. My question is: what is the stablest version to which I can upgrade and have my theme/style settings file uploaded. I don't want to go through patch after patch. I have seen that the neweset version are not the stablest ones. Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated. Thank You
Old Jan 3, 2012, 02:48 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
3.7.3 seems very stable, the only issues that have shown up are (1) an odd character appearing in the documentation, (2) a translation word was wrong and (3) the %date-modified parameter was returning the date published.

Now that is not to say there won't be other issues, but that's all that exist now - if non of them effect you you can ignore them.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 10:59 AM
sober

121 posts · Oct 2010
Thanks Juggledad, the ones you have mentioned are not deal breakers for me. Thanks again
Old Jan 24, 2012, 12:00 PM
fastharryDOTcom

73 posts · Oct 2009
NJ, USA
Hi Juggledad...

I want to upgrade my site also using the manual upgrade instructions. Once I make the changes on my PC, is it OK to upload the new theme using WP dashboard instead of using an FTP?
Old Jan 24, 2012, 01:11 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Not sure what you mean, If you are doing a manual upgrade, you will be doing it, not WordPress.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 01:19 PM
fastharryDOTcom

73 posts · Oct 2009
NJ, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
Not sure what you mean, If you are doing a manual upgrade, you will be doing it, not WordPress.

I wanted to upload the zip file into the WP dashboard from my desktop instead of using an FTP into my Host..

You know, the place in the dashboard that allows you to install themes where all the different themes you have uploaded are..