Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Left Sidebar - Footer Displays in Sidebar

Old Mar 3, 2009, 09:07 PM
endeavourz

15 posts · Feb 2009
I have my left sidebar activated on one of my pages, and it seems that the footer is displaying in the left sidebar.

Any suggestions on how I can get it to return to the bottom of the page?

Thanks so much for creating this excellent template Flynn.

Last edited by endeavourz; Mar 14, 2009 at 11:56 PM.
Old Mar 4, 2009, 05:44 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
You're missing a colspan="2" in the footer TD
HTML Code:
        <!-- Footer -->       <td><p style="font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; text-align:center; font-size:10px;">
should be

HTML Code:
         <!-- Footer -->
      <td colspan="2" id="footer"><p style="font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; text-align:center; font-size:10px;">
I also noticed that you have CSS in the body
(in the sidebar, through the widget wposcwidget_new_display)
that should be in the header:

This should not be in the body
HTML Code:
<style type="text/css">
div.rkImg
{
  margin: 2px;
  border: 0px;
  height: auto;
  width: auto;
  float: left;
  text-align: center;
}    
div.rkImg img
{
  display: inline;
  margin: 3px;
  border: 0px;
}
div.rkImg a:hover img {border: 0px;}
div.desc
{
  text-align: center;
  font-weight: normal;
  width: 120px;
  margin: 2px;
}
div.rkDescRight
{
  text-align: left;
  font-weight: normal;
  width: auto;
  margin: 4px;
}   
</style>
You could insert that at HTML/CSS Inserts -> CSS Insert (Without <style type="text/css"> and </style>
Old Mar 4, 2009, 09:44 AM
endeavourz

15 posts · Feb 2009
Hi Flynn,

Thank you! Fixed footer in less than 5 seconds.

I also appreciate the note about the css, however, where do I remove that bit of css from? I didn't see it in the plugin file ...

Excellent service as always! The Best!
Old Mar 4, 2009, 10:25 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Then the widget is probably inserting that, which is kinda odd. But if it doesn't break anything then I'd leave it there for now. Manually removing is not possible if the widget adds it.

I spotted a bigger problem though, in IE7 posts overflow the right sidebar because of the overflow:visible for the flash/image on top that was being cut off in IE7 without the overflow: visible.

Since you have an almost fixed width layout you could avoid that with a CSS Insert such as

HTML Code:
div.post {
width: 600px;
}
Old Mar 4, 2009, 11:29 AM
endeavourz

15 posts · Feb 2009
Thanks again for your help!
Old Mar 26, 2009, 11:04 PM
JBWhite

12 posts · Mar 2009
US
I am suddenly having this problem, too. The link to bytesforall has shifted to the right side of the page, the copyright text and the border around my right sidebar are gone. I installed the Collapsing Categories widget, but am unsure that's the problem?
Old Mar 27, 2009, 05:39 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
I'd have to see a URL with the error in action