Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Replace posts on index page with a plugin

Old Apr 2, 2009, 08:54 PM
vincotek

10 posts · Mar 2009
Replace posts on index page with a plugin

I would like to replace the standard method for displaying posts on the index.php with this plugin "Category Show" . http://felipetonello.com/blog/wordpr...category-show/

Is this possible? If so can you guide me on how it can be accomplished?

Thanks for your help!
Old Apr 3, 2009, 07:26 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Create a page, put %%wpcs-CATEGORY NAME%% into the page and make the page the homepage at Site Admin -> Setting -> Reading -> Front page displays
Old Apr 5, 2009, 10:17 AM
vincotek

10 posts · Mar 2009
Thank you Flynn. I created a new page and all is working except when a non admin views the page a message indicating "login is required" to view this page is displayed. However, all sidebars, header, etc. are visible just the center column where the posts are suppose to be are indicating login required. What have I left out?

Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 5, 2009, 04:40 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Did you perhaps make that specific page (that you made the front page) "Private" (see Site Admin -> Pages -> Edit) or does the plugin have a setting for this (Private/Public/Password)?