Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

[SOLVED] Edit page is blank

Old Jul 31, 2010, 09:48 PM
JAT

5 posts · Jul 2010
Austin, TX
When I click on Pages in the WP dashboard menu, my page list appears. All of the button options work (Quick Edit, Trash and View) except for Edit. When I click on Edit all I see is the header that says Edit Page, and the Publish window on the right. Otherwise the page is blank and there is nothing to edit. Just a big white space.

If I switch to Twentyten or Arras, Edit Page works. Can anyone help me?

Host is 1and1. WP version 3.0. Atahaulpa 3.5.3 downloaded yesterday. Safari browser 4.1. I'm new to Wordpress and PHP. I have a basic understanding of html and css from working with Dreamweaver.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 06:35 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
If you haven't try another browser and see what happens.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 07:33 AM
JAT

5 posts · Jul 2010
Austin, TX
Hi, and thank you for your reply. Last night I thought I'd just start over because maybe I'd made a mistake, or corrupted the code somehow. So I removed Atahaulpa completely. I just downloaded a fresh copy and activated it as my theme. I tried Edit Page and it was still blank. Then I switched to Firefox 3.5.10, and the same thing is happening there too.

Of course, almost all of my design work on the site is missing now since the reinstall, but you may look at what is still there at janedesign.info. For example, if you click on Monthlies in the menu bar, the new page should say Monthlies as the header, and there should be an image. But I can't see anything on Edit Page to switch out the image or change anything.

I will gladly send you my password if you want to take a closer look at the code. I would very much appreciate it!
Old Aug 1, 2010, 07:40 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Go ahead and send my the password via PM and I will take a look. It will be a bit later today as I am getting ready to leave.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 10:27 PM
JAT

5 posts · Jul 2010
Austin, TX
The Edit Page was no longer blank after I found out I was not pointed to PHP 5. My host, 1and1, sent me the code to fix the problem, and instantly all was well. I made a file called ".htaccess" with the code and dragged it to my root directory. This also fixed my WYSIWYG problem in Edit Post where, when trying to add or edit images, I could only see html in the edit box.

Thank you for your suggestions lmilesw!