Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

[SOLVED] WP Featured Content Slider issue and need to delete its elements from theme

Old Nov 29, 2011, 07:07 AM
clchleung

18 posts · Nov 2011
Hello All,

I've used the WP Featured Content Slider before on the Atahualpa 3.7.1 theme for a while now and decided to upgrade it from the plug-ins menu. Upon doing so, it seems like elements from the plug-in itself get out-of-place. For example - there is the link to the party responsible for the plug-in now "stuck" in my footer below. I decided to completely delete the plug-in since I didn't want that appearing like that and there is no fix at the moment for the plug-in since the WordPress support page has other users making comments that it is broken for them, too. When I did remove the shortcode from the home page and deleted the plug-in: the link is STILL there! The annoying link is called "Webdesign" and I have looked everywhere on the theme and even used FireFox's web developer tool to see if I can trace it anywhere and I can't find it at all to delete it permanently. The "Webdesign" link appears in every page for the footer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Link to site: http://leunggraphics.hohoschineseres...com/anotherone

Thank you in advance!
Chris
Old Nov 29, 2011, 08:49 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
go back and make sure you deactivated the plugin - if you did, use ftp to remove the plugin's folder from your plugin folder
Old Nov 29, 2011, 12:53 PM
clchleung

18 posts · Nov 2011
Hello,

Yes, I did go back into my plug-in's folder just now to see if WP Featured Content Slider still existed and was not deactivated. I checked the server's folders through FTP and it doesn't seem to be there either. However, I did have another related plug-in still activated called "WP Glideshow" and I deactivated that one. The WP Glideshow did not work at all when I tried it, but it looks like I forgot to deactivate and remove it. That solved the problem! No more Webdesign link at the bottom. Thank you very much for the suggestion!!

By the way, do you happen to know of any good plug-ins for displaying pages in a slider or slideshow that a user can click on to go to that page? It seems like most of the ones I've looked at are either broken or don't function the way they should.

Thanks again and have a great day,
Chris