Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

[SOLVED] Centering Text in Title

Old Aug 3, 2010, 03:19 PM
CurtisCandy

3 posts · Aug 2010
Hello...

First of all, I'd like to say what an AWESOME theme Atahualpa is! Thank you!

I'm a newb, so I hope this isn't a dumb question, but I can't seem to get part of my text on a page to center. The word "ABOUT" at the top of this page: http://www.workathomeguardian.com/about/ is set to center and displays that way in my "Edit Page" area, but once in a browser, it's off to the left. Can someone help me with this?

Here is the HTML code from that part of the page:

<h1 style="text-align: center;"><span style="color: #800080;">ABOUT</span></h1>

The layout is set at 98% fluid.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
-Curtis-

Last edited by lmilesw; Aug 3, 2010 at 06:53 PM.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 05:03 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
That centering is done in ATO>Style Posts & Pages and put the following in Headline Box: Text and Headline Box: Links
HTML Code:
text-align:center;
Old Aug 3, 2010, 05:47 PM
CurtisCandy

3 posts · Aug 2010
Thanks very much for the quick reply, Larry.

Unfortunately, that didn't work, but I think I might know why. I actually disabled the feature for automatically adding the headlines in pages because I didn't want all my pages to have them. So in this case, I actually typed in the word, "ABOUT" at the top of the page, rather than the theme placing the headline automatically. That's probably how I messed myself up, huh?

Thanks again. - I really appreciate the help.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 06:25 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Not sure if you knew this but if you have Atahualpa 3.5.3 you can turn on Use Post/Page Option in AtO>Configure SEO and the in each post or page there will be a check box to not show the title for that page.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 06:36 PM
CurtisCandy

3 posts · Aug 2010
No, Sir, I didn't know that, but it completely solves my dilemma for me!

With this option, and the guideline you showed me earlier for centering my headlines, I can make the pages exactly as I had wanted them.

Thanks very much!

Cheers,
-Curtis-