Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

[SOLVED] I'm stumped! Most or all body content doesn't display in Atahualpa

Old Feb 26, 2011, 02:35 PM
ochayemin

9 posts · Nov 2010
Hi

I've had a working website with Atahualpha for months now. Love the theme, and it looks great!

However, probably due to user-error, something changed in the config or in a php file (I'm also working on another website) and now I can't see most of the content.

If I activate a different theme in WP admin, then I do see all of the content. Activate Atahualpha and it vanishes again. Any ideas on what could be going on? I tried upgrading WP (now 3.1.?) and I also tried updating to Atahualpha (3.6.4) in the hope it would reset some PHP that I've touched. I even deleted the atahualpha theme and re-installed when the upgrade didn't work

I use Yahoo Small Business for hosting the site

The web site is pretty messed up at the moment because the upgrades reset some of the theme configs, but if you go to www.abertechsolutions.com, you will see the problem. The home page has partial content - only the blogs in the right panel. Go to any other page, and they are completely empty.

I look at "View Source" in the browser and the content just isn't there in the final HTML

I'd really appreciate some help in what steps are needed to recover/repair

Thanks

George
Old Feb 27, 2011, 10:38 PM
ochayemin

9 posts · Nov 2010
Based on other forum articles on content vanishing, I tried using atahualpha 3.5.3. I followed the install options, but still have the same issue - no content in page. I thought this info might help?
Old Feb 28, 2011, 03:31 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
This is not the suhosin issue. Did you change any of the options recently, especially in 'The LOOP'?

Do an export of your settings (ato->export/import settings) and attach them to a reply

Last edited by juggledad; Feb 28, 2011 at 07:19 PM.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 07:14 PM
ochayemin

9 posts · Nov 2010
Thanks for the help. I don't believe that I changed anything on the LOOP settings, but I had previously modified functions.php and bfa_meta_tags.php. I had made those changes a while back and it all worked fine. In editing my second website (www.aberscan.com) I may have changed a file in the wrong website. I don't go to the www.abertechsolutions.com website often, but when I noticed the missing text, I went through the yahoo backups to restore the files that had changed. According to the history, all my files are "recent". Then I tried doing the upgrades and re-installs, which takes up to to today's status

If I had to pick one file that could be the culprit, its the bfa_meta_tags, since this is the one that was missing and I had to restore.

The export file is attached.

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: txt ata-abertechsolutionscom-20110226.txt (21.2 KB, 693 views)
Old Feb 28, 2011, 07:26 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
it's your code in 'The LOOP' looks like you commented it all out
Old Mar 1, 2011, 08:51 PM
ochayemin

9 posts · Nov 2010
Hi Juggledad

Well that is embarassing!! Thank you for finding this. I would never have found this on my own, since I would have bet I hadn't touched this screen. (I did experiment in the "other" website at one point, but I guess I was actually experimenting in this website. I didn't know about import/export at that time, so I had both admins up seeing what settings I had used before.)

Thanks again - sorry to have to pull you into a problem I should have been able to figure out myself. Great theme and great support!

George