Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

HOWTO: Display tags with tag count on a post

Old Jun 27, 2013, 06:32 PM
Tim F

66 posts · Jul 2009
HOWTO: Display tags with tag count on a post

Hey all,
For a while I've been wanting to display the tags on a post only if there are more than 1 posts with that tag, and showing the total number of posts with that tag. The idea is to encourage site navigation by linking similar posts with tags, and not making people click on a tag only to find no other posts.
So the result would look like this:
View more posts tagged with: Elephants (3), Rabbits (1)

I have thrashed out the following code, which works. It is quite possibly not the most elegant solution so if you can improve it feel free I'm still using 3.5.1 so I just include this in Style & Edit Center Column > The Loop, underneath the post byline.
Code:
<?php
$tags = get_the_tags();
if (is_array($tags)) {
foreach ($tags as $tag) {
if($tag->count > 1) $tagstart = 'Read more posts tagged with:  ';
$tag_link = get_tag_link( $tag->term_id );
if($tag->count > 1) $tagstring .= "<a href='{$tag_link}'>" . $tag->name . ' (' . $tag->count . ')' . "</a>" . ', '
;
};
$tagdisp = $tagstart . $tagstring;
echo rtrim($tagdisp, ', ');
}
;?>