Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

[SOLVED] Atahualpa is corrupting edit page and maybe more..... What to do?

Old Feb 17, 2010, 06:02 AM
isomur

5 posts · Feb 2010
Hi

I am fairly new to Wordpress and so far managed to work with wordpress and Atahualpa by reading in this forum any time I encountered a problem.

However, this time I am lost.

I can not access the "Edit page" - it just gives a white field where the editor should be. It is just not reacting.

But if I switch to default, suddenly I can edit again.

I have tried to solve the problem by upgrading to 3.4.5 with Juggledadīs instructions [thanks to Juggledad]and the upgrade was succes, but the edit is still not working.

I have deactivated all plugin, but the edit is still not working.

I have tried to change permalinks back to default, but the edit is still not working.

Any ideas how to solve this will most apreciated.

Martin
Old Feb 17, 2010, 06:04 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Martin, can I take a look at the backend, send me a PM with the admin ID and password and url
Old Feb 17, 2010, 07:05 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
do you have access to your site's error.log?
the other thing to try is removing the template pages you have. The edit page seems to stop at that point.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 08:56 AM
isomur

5 posts · Feb 2010
do you have access to your site's error.log?
the other thing to try is removing the template pages you have. The edit page seems to stop at that point.

Hi, thanks for the quick reply and your effort.

Iīm looking for the error.log, but where do I find it?

Regarding the template pages - I donīt think that Iīm using any other template than atahualpa - or am I wrong there?

Martin
Old Feb 17, 2010, 09:13 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
the error.log would be on the server and it's location depends on your host.

What version of php are you running? If you don't know, install wp-securityscan plugin and it will tell us.

The template showed up in the default theme - I forgot that they were there.
I'll be gone for a couple hours but will check in when I get back
Old Feb 18, 2010, 11:13 PM
isomur

5 posts · Feb 2010
Hi Juggledad,

I never found the template nor the error.log (my host has put in the root now and given me a code to get the last 30 lines).

However when I tried to install wp-securityscan, it stalled as always, so I installed it manually through the ftp client. When trying to activate it, I got an error message saying somehing about insufficient memory. I went into the server control panel and increased the allocated memory from 25 to 40 and now everything works.

So thanks for the help Juggledad and for taking the problem serious.

By the way.... how do I change the status of the post to [solved]?

Martin
Old Feb 19, 2010, 02:14 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Glad it is fixed. You can mark a thread solved under thread tools at the top of the post