Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Tip for creating custom headers for category pages

Old Dec 9, 2009, 04:31 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
I don't like how blank the top of a category page looks. So I created a new widget area and placed it at the top of the center column, and called it careerdoc. I made an image in Photoshop using a photo of our career counselor columnist, and put it in a text widget. Then I used Widget Logic to specify it will show only on the Career Doctor category page.

http://www.larchmontgazette.com/category/careerdoctor/

Maybe there's an easier way to do this, but it felt right. I use a custom template for the individual Career Doc posts, with her contact info and question form.