Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Display Category & Category Description Of Empty Category

Old Apr 29, 2012, 01:47 PM
msj484

16 posts · Sep 2011
Hello,

I am trying to figure out if it is possible with this theme to display the category page and description, even when the category is empty? I currently have all of the categories displayed in the sidebar with no problem, but when I go to them there is a page not found error.

With other wordpress themes I've used, they were hacked to show the category description and the page... and not a page not found error. Can you all help me out with this? My site is: http://fibromyalgiagosh.com/ . Thanks for your time and attention in this regard.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 03:38 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what are you using to create the sidebar list?

You would have to code a category.php file that would get the categories and descriptions and cisplay them if they did not exist. You could use index.php as a basis and just add the code you need at the end where the 'not found' is processed.

Last edited by juggledad; Apr 29, 2012 at 03:50 PM.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 10:15 PM
msj484

16 posts · Sep 2011
Hello,

I am using a custom menu to display the categories as they currently are. Is what you described the only option for this? Thanks.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 03:38 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I suppose you could look for a plugin