Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Javascript error

Old Oct 5, 2011, 10:19 PM
jjaime

3 posts · Oct 2011
[SOLVED] Javascript error

I am getting the following error in firebug every time a page loads:

jQuery is not defined:
jQuery(document).ready(function(){ (line 30)

Thus I can't seem to make any javascript plugins work.

You can see the draft of the site here:

http://housealive.org/rolferportland

I don't really know any javascript, so go easy on me...!

Thanks,
Jaime
Old Oct 6, 2011, 05:23 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I'm not seeing any error running FireBug in Firefox on a mac
Old Oct 6, 2011, 01:48 PM
jjaime

3 posts · Oct 2011
Thanks for looking... very strange, I am using the same equipment/software. Any reason why I would be seeing an error and you would not be?
Old Oct 6, 2011, 01:58 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
could be the version of java on your machine
Old Oct 6, 2011, 05:08 PM
jjaime

3 posts · Oct 2011
I checked it out and it is current. But! I went to open Java VisualVM, and it asked me if I wanted to recalibrate... I don't know what this means but figured sure, why not. It did some thinking and then loaded as normal. Went back to check my javascript error and it is gone! Huzzah. Don't know why, but the problem went away. Thanks for your thoughts on this.