Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Subpages are all highlighted when parent page is selected on page menu bar

Old Jul 30, 2009, 09:11 PM
danielphenry

5 posts · Jul 2009
Possible error. Whenever I clock on the parent menu the submenu and the parent menu are all highlighted. Is their a way to change this? "www.NickFarone.com" click on New Beginnings and then hold mouse over new Beginnings.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 09:24 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what browser? looks fine in Safari on the mac. Try another browser
Old Dec 23, 2009, 07:41 PM
buttercups0147

4 posts · Dec 2009
I'm having the same issue... and I see it on your blog as well.

Once you click on "Schedule" for example and the page resets, if you mouse over "schedule" again, all subpages are highlighted (even if you try to mouse over them).

Maybe that's just how Atahualpa works?
Old Dec 29, 2009, 01:47 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
buttercups0147 -
What version of Atahualpa and WP?
What is the url showing and example?
Old Feb 18, 2010, 01:28 AM
whitie

5 posts · Feb 2010
Im also having this issue. I can't figure out how to stop it. When you click a parent menu and the page refreshes, all sub children have their backgrounds selected so you can only tell which one is being selected through the changing of the sub menu text.
Atahualpa 3.4.5
WordPress 2.9.2.

Working...

All submenu items selected after parent selected...

Also when you move the mouse over the sub menu items when the parent has been selected, the parent no longer becomes the Background color: Parent colour in ATO -> Header Area -> Page Menu Bar.

I have tried this with IE, Firefox and Opera with the same result. Has anyone experienced this and have a solution?

Thanks.

Last edited by whitie; Feb 18, 2010 at 01:54 AM.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 03:21 AM
Mark_

29 posts · Feb 2010
Same thing happens to me in IE, FF, and Chrome, no biggie but would be nice to get it sorted.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 06:22 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
the menu CSS is very complex and only the first level is provided for in the options. Since the child menus are contained in the parent menu element, a change to the parent is inherited by the children. When you click on the parent, the children inherit it's settings. And if the children have submenu's, they inherit it also and so on down the line.

let's take the case 'whitie' shows, Support Plans/Business/residential. Lets say you set the menu ''Background color' to blue, the 'Background color: Hover' to red and the 'Background color: Parent' to gray.

When you are on the home page, the menu shows BLUE, Home is RED and when you hover over 'Support Plan', it is RED and the children are still BLUE. When you move over 'Business', it turns RED, 'Support Plans' turns Gray and 'Residential' stays BLUE. Everything is good. Now you click on 'Support Plans'

Now 'Support Plans' is RED, but when you hover over it and 'Business' and 'Residential' show up, they are also RED. So how to make them BLUE until hovered over.

to change the color and hovers of child menu's, you have to add CSS Inserts for them. This could be used for the case described here
HTML Code:
li.current_page_item ul.rMenu-ver li a:link, 
li.current_page_item ul.rMenu-ver li a:active, 
li.current_page_item ul.rMenu-ver li a:visited, 
li.current_page_item ul.rMenu-ver li,
li.current_page_item ul.rMenu-ver {
	background: #0409f1 !important;
}

li.current_page_item ul.rMenu-ver li a:hover {
	background: #ee133f !important;
}
li.current_page_ancestor  {
	background: #dddddd !important;
}
Now if Business or Residential has sub pages, you will have to add more CSS for them.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 11:25 AM
flish

1 posts · Feb 2010
If you would be so kind to point to the exact file and if possible the line where I should make these changes it would be a great help for me.
Thanks
Old Feb 25, 2010, 12:28 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
ATO->Add HTML/CSS Inserts->CSS Inserts
Old Feb 27, 2010, 01:34 AM
star_echo

12 posts · Nov 2009
That little thing has been bugging me for a while, but couldn't seem to find an answer until now. Thanks Juggledad!