Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

All In One SEO vs. Atahualpa Alone

Old Sep 4, 2009, 07:22 PM
Webmason

69 posts · Feb 2009
Minneapolis, MN USA
Hi,

Is there a benefit to using All In One SEO vs. Atahualpa Alone?

Ever since All In One has required constant updates, I am tired of it. On the other hand Atahualpa seems to have added SEO features.

Is it time to ditch All In One SEO? (Realizing I would have to go back through every post and change them over)

Thanks for you valued opinions!

Tom

p.s. Keep up the great work on this #1 theme! I will be donating very soon, just waiting for some $$.
Old Sep 6, 2009, 11:27 AM
Webmason

69 posts · Feb 2009
Minneapolis, MN USA
Huh. No opinions on this?
Old Sep 6, 2009, 08:49 PM
vishvadeep

Hey webmason, I had the same question until when I thought that All in one Seo is actully more dedicated option to seo purposes as it can cover the various aspects of the seo which atahualpa doesnt have built in, such as the title naming, meta keywords for each page, etc

Last edited by juggledad; Sep 7, 2009 at 04:05 AM.
Old Sep 7, 2009, 02:38 AM
Webmason

69 posts · Feb 2009
Minneapolis, MN USA
Thank you very much for responding, I really appreciate it!

I thought Atahualpa now had this, perhaps I'm confused.

See attached thumbnail....

Tom
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.jpeg
Views:	1457
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	247  
Old Sep 9, 2009, 04:57 PM
WordPressZen.com

28 posts · Aug 2009
Canada/Utah
Hi WebMason --

It's my understanding that All In One SEO is no longer supported by the original developer and has been superceded by a plugin fork called Platinum SEO Pack, which I use with all of my Atahualpa installations and love. Between the Atahualpa SEO fields and the Platinum fields, I have complete individual control over what displays on
a) the Title Bar
b) as the "Display" title of a page or post
c) the category and page menus

Oh, and you mentioned getting tired of doing plugin updates -- check out Plugin Central (enables you do batch updates of all the plugins on your WordPress site)
Old Sep 9, 2009, 05:58 PM
Webmason

69 posts · Feb 2009
Minneapolis, MN USA
Hey Thanks WPZ I really appreciate the response. Very helpful!
Old Oct 29, 2009, 03:13 PM
Methow

2 posts · Oct 2009
Washington State, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by WordPressZen.com
Hi WebMason --

It's my understanding that All In One SEO is no longer supported by the original developer and has been superceded by a plugin fork called Platinum SEO Pack, which I use with all of my Atahualpa installations and love. Between the Atahualpa SEO fields and the Platinum fields, I have complete individual control over what displays on
a) the Title Bar
b) as the "Display" title of a page or post
c) the category and page menus

Oh, and you mentioned getting tired of doing plugin updates -- check out Plugin Central (enables you do batch updates of all the plugins on your WordPress site)
The link you provided is to the developer of Platinum SEO. Truth is that All In One SEO may have been left hanging for a short while, but it's now been transferred to Michael at SemperFi. Still supported, still alive.

I can't comment on which is better though.

GARY