Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

I and EM tags showing in post titles

Old Mar 6, 2011, 09:28 AM
mactony

67 posts · Jan 2009
I and EM tags showing in post titles

Hello, I have been trying to add italicized type to my post titles, and sometimes, it comes up as italicized type as intended, and sometimes, the i or em tags show in the title, and there is no italicized type, just the title with the tags.

Here is an example of it working as intended:
http://www.midriffrecords.com/2011/0...-poughkeepsie/

Here is an example of it not working:
http://www.midriffrecords.com/2011/0...-clicky-music/

Both posts' "home page" can be found at http://www.midriffrecords.com/news

Both posts have info in the Atahualpa Post Options>Body Title Single and Body Title Multi fields, with the open and closing i tags in brackets in the fields. I have also tried this with em tags and there is no change. The italic type seems to "break" if I add something into the meta title field in the APO. But if I remove the info, it does not revert. An example of where I tried that is here:
http://www.midriffrecords.com/2011/0...-are-released/

I also have the All in One SEO plugin operating. I have tried deactivating it, and there is no change to either post. I have tried eliminating all APO info, as well as All in One SEO info, to no avail. And if that were solution, it doesn't seem worth it!

Any advice? Are italics just not worth the trouble? Thanks in advance!

Last edited by mactony; Mar 6, 2011 at 09:30 AM. Reason: adding relevant info
Old Mar 6, 2011, 03:19 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I never use html in title fields. There may be some plugins for this but from what I read and as your experience indicates this practice can be problematic.
Old Mar 6, 2011, 07:47 PM
mactony

67 posts · Jan 2009
Bummer! I will remove them until some magical potion comes along that allows them, then. I sure can't figure it out. Thanks for the advice!

Old Mar 6, 2011, 09:52 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You can of course hide the title and put them as part of the post or pages themselves.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 09:33 AM
mactony

67 posts · Jan 2009
Yeah, that is a good suggestion, it just seems like too much work for a little bit of style. I am going to see if there are some plugins that might help. Thanks!