Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

Adding ShareThis Code to Post Footer

Old May 22, 2009, 02:13 AM
clearlygold

6 posts · Apr 2009
Adding ShareThis Code to Post Footer

Hi

I'm trying to add ShareThis javascript code to my post's footer on the single pages only.

I've tried inputing it into the "FOOTER: Single Post Pages" box on the "Post Page and Info Items" screen.

I had it working once, but for some reason it doesn't work anymore. The script just doesn't load.

The Wordpress plugin works, but I don't like having the button on the main page.

Can anyone help?

Here's the code I'm trying to insert:
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://w.sharethis.com/button/sharethis.js#publisher=b8cc72b6-e7ea-43c5-9bcd-8fb83264a494&amp;type=website&amp;buttonText=Shari ng%20is%20Good!&amp;style=rotate&amp;post_services =facebook%2Cdigg%2Cmyspace%2Ctwitter%2Cybuzz%2Cdel icious%2Cstumbleupon%2Creddit%2Ctechnorati%2Cmixx% 2Cblogger%2Cwordpress%2Ctypepad%2Cgoogle_bmarks%2C windows_live%2Cfark%2Cbus_exchange%2Cpropeller%2Cn ewsvine%2Clinkedin"></script>.

Thank you!
Old May 22, 2009, 09:52 AM
bcorrigan

85 posts · Feb 2009
I think you want to put that code into the ShareThis options box in ShareThis settings.

Then use Flynn's short code, %sharethis% in page/post info items for single pages and maybe multiple post pages. If you don't put it in the section for the home page, it shouldn't show up there.

Works like a charm for me.

-Bill
Old May 22, 2009, 07:51 PM
clearlygold

6 posts · Apr 2009
Thanks for the reply.

For me, that only adds the text "%sharethis% to my footer.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 06:26 PM
thiscatcancook

2 posts · Mar 2009
Send a message via AIM to thiscatcancook Send a message via Yahoo to thiscatcancook Send a message via Skype™ to thiscatcancook
I'm using "Add to any" widget and it has a config option for which pages will display the button.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 09:54 AM
bcorrigan

85 posts · Feb 2009
Code:
For me, that only adds the text "%sharethis% to my footer.
did you put this in Atahualpa them options -> Post/Page Info Items -> FOOTER: Single Post Pages or your place of choice?

It does not go in the HTML Insert section...

-Bill