Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

[SOLVED] Adding div's and classes to html in individual posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jul 8, 2011, 11:07 AM
webgurl

59 posts · Nov 2010
WordPress 3.0/Atahualpa 3.4.9/Firefox 3.6.12/XP sp3/
[SOLVED] Adding div's and classes to html in individual posts

Greetings! After quite a bit of try and try again I managed to find the precise element attributes I needed to use in ATO>CSS & HTML Inserts section to affect a specific post. The post is the newest one at [url="http://www.ezw123.com"[/URL]

However, the div, class and span elements I inserted into the post using Add Post and the HTML tab do not remain in the the code when I Publish it. Therefore, the additional styling I am trying to add as div's and classes in ATO>Add CSS is ignored.

These are the element attributes I saw in Firebug relating to this post:

id=post-232
class=post-232 post type-post status-publish format-standard hentry category-offthewall odd

So I tried to wrap the entire post text in a div called "ss" for basic formatting, and tried to use span class=phone around the phone number and span class=upper around the first sentence, as I was creating the post.

Then I added this code to ATO>Add HTML CSS Inserts>CSS Inserts:

}
div.post-232 post type-post status-publish format-standard hentry category-offthewall odd, #post-232, #ss{
font-family: Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size: medium;
font-weight: bold;
text-align: center;
line-height: 20px;
background-color: #FFFFCC;
border: thin inset #000000;
padding: 15px;
margin: auto;
}
div.post-232 post type-post status-publish format-standard hentry category-offthewall odd, #post-232.phone{
font-family: Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size: medium;
font-weight: bold;
color: #FF0000;
}
.upper {
text-transform: uppercase;
text-decoration: underline;
}

Firefox shows the CSS as I added it in ATO>Add CSS, but since none of the divs and classes I tried to add to the HTML remained, the only formatting that shows is on the div post itself.

I guess this was a drawn out way of asking - How do you add elements like div, class and span to the HTML text of a post?

Thanks for your help.